Welcome to Feed Me Farms. Tickle the earth and it will laugh a harvest. This is my take on farm life from a worldly perspective. These are real stories and maybe some tall tales about my life and times on the modern frontier. There will be plenty of tips on heirloom gardening, raising farm animals, food history, recipes and just about anything else that might bloom!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
It's Like Talking to the Cat!
Have you ever felt like chucking your computer out the window and returning to the dark ages of pen and paper? It happened to me over the last 10 days. I made the decision to purchase my own domain www.feedmefarms.com, at the time I thought it was a simple endeavor.
That is when I discovered that trying to resolve a domain issue can be akin to "talking to the cat". At least for me.
Next time I will do more research before jumping in but here is the brief synopsis of my cyber experience.
1) Purchased my domain at godaddy.com
2) Followed instructions given by blogger.com to re-direct the blog (or so I thought)
3) Found out that if I had bought domain through blogger.com, they would have set this all up without such a struggle (note to self: research more next time)
4) blog site was not accessible for 48 hours but as per instructions, did not panic.
5) Could not access blog, attempted to contact blogger.com. Found out that contacting them directly was harder than contacting President Obama
6) Contacted godaddy.com, they have a great customer service group available 24/7.
7) Explained my situation, their geek patrol took a look and enacted some changes.
8) Day 6 & 7, website still says "this website is temporarily unavailable".
9) Contact godaddy.com again, they have done what they can and ask me to contact blogger.com, they tell me exactly what to request (easier said than done)
10) Day 8 & 9, I put my trust in the hands of the Blogger Help Group (other bloggers) I begin my request with ...."Give an answer as if you are talking to your cat"
11) Some nice help group blogger responds with exactly what I need to give godaddy.com
12) Last contact with godaddy.com , sent them the info that the blogger help group gave me. Within an hour, I was up and running.
13) Lesson learned - cats make good carrier pigeons! On the upside - all this down time gave me a chance to really tackle the heirloom garden...check out the progress.
Posted by Sandy Bates Emmons at 8:57 AM
Labels: domain change
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
A stylish chosen lifestyle of your plenty includes designed a dominance with specified investments arise. One in all the following kingdom is a tag heuer replica sale who has ended up garnering great fame plus eminence out of all of factors. Your ballgame once and for all several, chanel replica sale currently have their particular beauty who has ended up beautiful people today globally. Cover anything from a each day casuals to your timeless types, there's a simple fantastic watch out for any function plus any ambiance. Suiting various temperaments of your audience, a hublot replica uk transport a fun mixture of usefulness plus splendor. A superb add on for any hand, a companies with some of the best companies is often utilized the following sphere. Redefining a archetypal report on the look at, hermes replica bags sale designed it has the foray in such a domain name which includes a splash of water. Widening a horizons with different watches to the classy dress yourself in, a tag heuer replica sale made by this pergola is remarkable to your main. Intended to discuss really of your user, any Rado predictably results in a identity of your person wearing them.
nike air maxReplyDelete
nike air max 90
nike shox for men
off white jordan 1
yeezy boost 350
cheap oakley sunglasses
michael kors outlet
Jordan Retro 11
Air Jordan 11
Jordan Retro 9
Red Bottom Shoes For Women
Air Max 270